Help Centre

What if there is no Will?

If your loved one did not leave a valid Will, they are said to have “died intestate”. In these cases, the Next of Kin will need to act on behalf of the Estate and complete the documentation needed to finalise their accounts with us. The Death Certificate will confirm who the Next of Kin is. Depending on the value of the Estate, they may need an Administrator to be appointed by the Supreme Court (i.e. via a Grant of Letters of Administration) in the State/Territory where the assets are held.

Letters of Administration is a court order made by the Supreme Court which allows the Administrator (the person who is appointed by the court) to distribute the assets of the deceased who died without a valid Will. The Estate is to be distributed according to a pre-determined formula as per the rules of intestacy in their State/Territory.

Need support?

Contact us

Get in touch with one of our Australia-based team.

Locate us

Our friendly branch staff are looking forward to helping you achieve your financial goals.