The IMB Community Foundation strives to achieve the following objectives:
- To encourage and assist economic, social and environmental diversification within the communities in which IMB operates (projects must have strong links to the areas in which IMB members live and work);
- To advance shared prosperity and sustainability in the region by supporting social, cultural, environmental, heritage, educational, tourism and economic initiatives within communities, which will ultimately provide economic and social benfits;
- To promote the mutual and self-help philosophies of IMB;
- To identify and support activities that encourage self-sufficiency through transfer of skills and knowledge, and that may develop new physical resources;
- To encourage and support volunteer inputs throughout the communities;
- To strengthen IMB’s community and business networks;
- Ultimately, to build and strengthen "community assets".